Some big news to kick this month off, we are delighted to let you know we now have a Manchester office, which is a two minute walk from Manchester Victoria station. We’re proud to be a part of Federation House, a historic building in the centre of Manchester filled with a community of digital businesses built on ethical values.
Our new Manchester address is:
Federation House, 2 Federation Street, Manchester, M4 4BF
There are some great event spaces in Manchester as well as hotels and restaurants that cater exclusively to the needs of corporate clients. Here are a few recommendations from Liam Bremer, one of our Senior Production Managers, who is based there full-time.
A historic space that can hold meetings for up to 1,600 delegates. It is a perfect canvas for production, with a high ceiling, 3 phase power and easy access.
A former train station that now holds events from conferences to concerts. The biggest space can seat over 10,000 delegates theatre style, but lends itself best to spectacular in-the-round style events.
The Hilton Deansgate
High ceilings, rigging points and a great location make this venue very versatile. The bar on the 23rd floor is a perfect space for a post-event cocktail.
There is also some event space here in our new office!
If you’re thinking of staging an event in Manchester or visiting for fun, here’s some trivia about the city:
- It is the football capital of the world with Manchester United and Manchester City football teams.
- With over 200 languages spoken, Manchester is the most linguistically diverse city in Western Europe.
- In South Manchester, you will find the world famous ‘Curry Mile’ – with over 70 South Asian cuisine restaurants located within half a mile of each other.
- The first ever free public library opened in Manchester in 1653 and is still open to this day.
- Liverpool Road opened in 1830 as the Manchester terminus of the world’s first inter-city passenger railway. It is the world’s oldest surviving terminal railway station.
- Famous for its music scene, many of the UK’s best musicians and bands have originated from Manchester including, Oasis, The Smiths, Joy Division, The Stone Roses and The 1975.
Manchester is a buzzing metropolis and an excellent cultural alternative to London. With its well-connected airport, trams and free city-centre buses, there is an abundance of free museums, theatre options, an ever-evolving art scene as well as MediaCityUK which has been developed on the banks of the Manchester Ship Canal.
Do let us know if you’re ever in the area, as we would love to show you around.